Friday, December 23, 2005

Did I mention that I've finished work for the year??

How remiss of me not to let you know! LOL

My team mate Berta and I have been in a whirl all week trying to get every file filed, every order sealed and every little hearing over and done with. Sitting on the office couch at 5.30 tonight, glass of Duetz in hand and shoes kicked off, we looked at eachother with that "so this is it?" look. It all just seems a little flat somehow.

Even when we went to come home the traffic was all gone! Now whats that about? At lunchtime it took us the full hour to get through the lights to an appointment three blocks away. At 5.30 it was like the road version of the Marie Celeste!

Somehow I expect it all to be a little more exciting, a little more glittery. Instead I work in an "industry" where the office "Holiday Survival Kit" comprises of emergency contacts for Womens Refuge, Duty Solicitors and Care & Protection Services. Every second "client" comes to the counter reeking of alcohol and you just know that after the holidays they will return for protection orders or suchlike when the "partying" has all turned to custard. Takes the shine off it all surprisingly!

But tomorrow there will be no alarm clock buzzing, no need to get out of my jim-jams. I'll find a crappy movie to watch, pig out on my new favourite - Philadelphia Mango Chilli Philly - and squeeze the presents under the Christmas Cobweb. I might even paint my toenails. Now how girly is that!

Tomorrow I'll get my sparkle back I promise!!

Love & hugs to all.

2 Comments:

Blogger JulesinParadise said...

Darling MerMaid BBTH, to me, you always glitter. Eons ago when I was a high school teacher, a fellow teach and I sat at a Burger King an hour after school was out wondering where was our holiday spirit. We had od'ed all day on candy canes, broken up fights and tried to keep the noise under control so we could hear the movies we all played the last day. It is a let down but the best is yet to come! Love and smoochies!

3:24 AM  
Blogger altar ego said...

Hello darl! The spirit is there, it's just taking a little moratorium while other things have been demanding front and center attention. It does wear one out, after all, and a little battery recharging is good for the spirit, too! We have almost nothing at home to aid and abet getting into the spirit, except for listening to music, and it does make it a trifle more challenging to encourage the mood without visual aids. Now, here at my mom's, there are decorations in abundance, and since virtually all of them are connected to my youth I have instant comfort. I'll try to take pics of those to share with you all on my blog. For now, let me send a hug and a cheery wish for you for joy and merriment, which I KNOW will find its way to you.
Love you!

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home