Saturday, December 31, 2005

My Big Biscuit Day!


Finally the mailman has found my letterbox. I was beginning to think he didn't love me anymore.

First was a gorgeous Christmas card from Gail with a family photo. As always Gails card is perfection - I love it! And the photo is a treasure and now in a frame on my desk in a frame until I scrap it along with the other Birdie family photos which always warm the heart! It really is a big family we have going now. We are lucky indeed!

Second was this cheque from Australia! Only $20 but my FIRST payment for a layout! I submitted "The Boys" to one of my favourite sb magazines, Scrapbooking Memories, and although they didn't take it they are publishing it in their sister publication My Reflections. The silliest thing is I can't actually get that magazine here! LOL Instead I will have to beg dearest Ruth to find me a copy - Volume 4 No 1 - pretty please Ruth with sugar on top!

And I don't mean to skite but .... oh deary me .... its made me smile all day! A Big Biscuit Day indeed.

9 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Woooo Hooooo....what a way to start the new year. Hope there are checks galore filling your mailbox in 2006 for all the wonderful lo's you submit! Happy Happy New Year, dear Clare!
Maria

9:28 AM  
Blogger altar ego said...

Congratulations, Clare! I'm afraid you may need to post the LO to job this tired brain of mine, but I'm sure I've seen it, and it is, of course, an absolute winner! Way to go, and you are giving me an idea of a pic I just might need to take to post on my blog. xoxo!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora(Hello) that alone will give away the fact that i am from NZ - it doesn't ??? Well !!! I am a krazy blogger, who found your blog very interesting reading.Can I mention it on one of my blogs - 21 21 21 Blogs ???

9:30 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Big Congratulations to you!!!!!
By now you have already seen how the first day of the year went!!!
Hope it was good.
Are you being productive or are you still procrastinating??? Go to your room and produce. The recognition alone should inspire you!!!
H A P P Y N E W Y E A R ! ! !

5:20 AM  
Blogger crazydarla said...

ROCK ON LADY!! What an awesome thing for you! I am doing a little jiggy dance for you!! CHEERS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Ruth.E said...

Not a problem in the world to send you the mag. What a shame they aren't going to, I had one sent to me when I got a LO in but it was a different mag and co.! Anyway, obviously I need one for me now so one will be sent to you asap. When does it come out do you know?

What a way to start a very happy new year. Yippee.

5:16 PM  
Blogger JulesinParadise said...

Darling MerMaid BBTH, why did you let me blather during our chat last night and not tell me this wonderful news! I wonder if I can get Reflections at Barnes and Nobel? I shall certainly try.

Many congrats my dear pal!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Pam in Moncton said...

Woops - jumped the gun on that last comment! Anyway - great! We get Reflections here so it's hard to know why you don't get it there, which is so much closer. I'll have to look out for it. Do you know which issue?
Pam

4:06 AM  
Blogger Kip said...

It was truly your BBD !!!!!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home