Monday, December 26, 2005

Dammed Cats!




I am not a cat person. I understand other people adore them and I'm sure they are very nice (both cats and people). In fact I know Gail and Jules love cats and I love Gail & Jules, so you'd think it would follow but .... give me a dog any day!

Despite all this Black Cat & White Cat have come to visit. From where I really don't know. I suspect a neighbour has gone on holiday and just left them to fend for themselves, and BC & WC, with innate cat cunning, have spotted the one true sucker in the neighbourhood and have ensconced themselves in my garden. They sprawl over the carparts himself has kindly stored in the back corner of the garden - apparently a car bonnet warmed in the sun is a particularly cosy sunbed. They follow me down to the washing line to ensure that I have used all the right coloured pegs on our clothes. They stare mournfully through the ranch sliders as I go about my business.

Himself tells me White Cat is sad. How you can tell a cat is sad is beyond me but the Cat-Whisperer assures me she is. So far he has no opinion on Black Cats state of mind. He also tells me that they are hungry but I shouldn't feed them or they will never leave. Mmmm. Cat-Whisperer he may be. Mother he is not.

I did mutter under my breath that "I don't like cats" as I thawed the minced lamb from the freezer but White Cat & Black Cat didn't care one way or the other as long as I put the dish where they could reach it. The Cat-Whisperer just shook his head and said "It was only a matter of time ... sucker!" White Cat and Black Cat gave him one of those "be quiet boy!" looks and then continued eating.

I don't like cats.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ruth.E said...

Ha! Dont like cats indeed - SUCKER! They got you.
Ruth

3:49 AM  
Blogger JulesinParadise said...

HA! I say, double HAHA! and now you have joined the cat lovers of the world. It will be only a matter of time before you are growing catnip in your garden and buying those beautiful cats lovely bling bling collars. HA! (we got her Gail)!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Kip said...

I"m thinking that you like them, lOLOLOL

4:25 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

bullpucky! people that don't like cats don't thaw LAMB (is it as expensive there as it is here?) and feed them! geez! you put on a good show!

hugs to you!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Hmmmmmm, I'm a dog person too, though if I ever have mice trouble I'll get a mouser. I can deal with a cat better than I can mice. Now, if cats would keep down the roach population here I'd consider getting one. I said consider, LOL.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Hey, by the way, thank you for your nice comments concerning my writing--spread the word, LOL.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home