Wednesday, December 28, 2005

My Own Personal Howler!


My aunty Claire gave me this several years ago. She said, "I saw him and thought what a cheeky monkey and then I thought of you!" LOL Not quite sure what she was getting at!

She died a few years ago and since then Monkey sits on my dresser and never fails to make me smile. She was a wise woman indeed with a wonderful sense of humour. It was Claire who told me one day in all seriousness, "You know dear, if there's a choice between doing housework and reading a good book, always pick the book!"

So now with the wonderful new world of "Night Owls Monkey Chatter" (thanks Shar!), I thought it only fitting to share my personal little Howler. I suspect from his face he knows quite a few of my secrets!! LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger katie said...

Can't bear for you not to have a comment(LOL).
Just posted on the "board" about Elizabeth and Jennifer.
Cute little monkey.
Since we can't have real cats here--Jen's kid's are allergic....I got Amber a Newborn kitten(battery operated) that moves it's head and opens it's eyes and makes a few different kind of purrs. Not the real thing, but at least a substitute.
Have a great day---it's 0315 here, and I am going to attempt to get some sleep.
Talk to you soon,
katie

3:18 AM  
Blogger Ruth.E said...

The Howler looks just right there and obviously your debut as a Howler Monkey was long ago fortold by your Aunt. Now as she is related to you it does not surprise me that she had this special intuitive talents. As for the bird and the links, yes it worked. How exotic it sounded, quite happy sounding. Loved it. The bird was a bit of a surprise too. I like that you can tell us about your bird hunting and share the pictures on the blog. It makes it all more real.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Kip said...

I think I see a family resemblance here!!!

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home