Saturday, February 18, 2006

Hiss Boo Pat Dunn!


There's an item in the news today about the Catholic bishops trying to ban an episode of Southpark from showing here on the local stations. Give me strength! Pat, the gods gave us many things, one of which is a hand to use on your remote to change the station. Oh sorry Pat, your hand is busy elsewhere?

I'm just fed up with being told what to watch, what to think and what to believe. Curiously, thanks to a Catholic education I do have an inquiring mind and take very little on face value. Your church Pat taught me to question everything but accept that we will all have different beliefs and perhaps we won't always like what we see or hear ... but guess what Pat? That's life!

Or did I get that wrong Pat? Am I only meant to question what other people say and just believe every bit of patriachal mumbo jumbo that comes out of your mouth? Forgive me Pat - I seem to have forgotten over the years that women are not meant to take the piss out of themselves. That's right - we're just meant to be the perfect little madonnas, never thinking an original thought. And why should we Pat when we've got you there to do it for us. What a relief.As a celibate, unmarried male I'm sure you've got a lot to teach us! And thanks too for the reminder that real women don't bleed. I'm looking forward to that one!

PS. Pat, just so you know, I watched every episode of "Popetown" as well. Just because you told me not to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home