Sunday, February 05, 2006

So what is a "roll-up"??


Madcow-Brother has requested this image be posted as a fine example of my fathers photographic decline. Where earlier images were merely "posed" this photo shows his apparent spiral into the depths of "Naff"! He had carefully inscribed this one "Lesley having a roll up at Moeraki" which when I first read it sent me rushing for the projector, thinking I had found hitherto unknown links to the drug world. No, of course not. Lawn bowls. The thought of nana in her bowling whites rolling a spliff would be too much to cope with.

A lot of things are too much for me at the moment. My ISP provides a regular newsletter giving site of interest one of which was this little gem:
http://www.myheritage.com/

You can download a photo of yourself and then find your celebrity "match". This is where it became too much for me. My "Celebrity Matches" are
Elton John
Chara Alberstein
Steven Soderbergh
Joseph Deiss
Jan Peter Balkenende
Arthur Eddington
Anna Lindh
Peter Sellers
Meryl Streep
Francois Mitterrand

What does this mean? Seven out of ten matches were male and one of the three women is an actress who I would rather eat glass than ever see another of her movies. And Elton John??? Does this mean I need a hair transplant? If only I had a frock I'd immediately go put it on and then spend the rest of the evening painting my nails.

My self image in tatters instead I visited a new favourite for a good read
http://www.clivejames.com/

Mind you, I probably will look like him by the end of the year.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth.E said...

Well now you knew I was going to try that site out. Sadly I am more male than female too! Even worse is when I am described as looking like Jack Lemon I can actually see the resemblance. I have the honour of looking like Steve Fossett, Soong May-Ling, Freeman Dyson (oh my goodness this man has a big nose), Marco van Basten, Tom Stoppard, Jaques Derrida, Tim Montgomery, Yael Bar Zohar and Dorothy L Sayers. I never heard of these people, famous for what I would like to know. You do find the most interesting places to visit Clare!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Pam in Moncton said...

Oh too funny all of it! The roll-up as well as all the people you are meant to resemble. Since I don't think these people all resemble each other it's really an odd collection. Must give that a try!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Planet said...

HAHA!!

Do you have the link to the site? I'm curious to see my 'match'!!

You just always crack me up!!

CHEERS!! janet

10:03 AM  
Blogger JulesinParadise said...

Don't worry about what celeb you resemble...take hope from my "twin", Don Ho!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home