Monday, January 09, 2006

Louie in the dogbox! (for Pam)


Literally! We had spent the best part of the morning driving up and down the road looking for the rascal. Apparently there were bitches on heat a couple of miles away and our boy had to find them! He was sent to the dogbox in disgrace for the day, although on the upside we did get to meet ALL the neighbours on our search! LOL

Poor old Louie. The time before I was visiting there were dreadful gale force winds around the farm and we decided to head into the relative safety of the wine bar in town. Louie was put into his dog box and later in the afternoon we got a call from himself saying he couldn't find him. "He's in the dogbox" we said. There was a silence and then "Oh shit, the dogbox has gone!"

The wind had picked the whole thing up and tossed it down the cliff! Fortunately Louie must have fallen out at some stage and although unhurt, he then spent the next few days hiding in the laundry. Who could blame him!

Its not the best photo Pam but all I could lay my hands on tonight. Gives you an idea though.

5 Comments:

Blogger JulesinParadise said...

Promise me we shall never introduce Just Jack to Louie..they would be sure to hit it off and we'd be in the big do do!

Darling MerMaid BBTH,you must write a book...a day in the life of a landlocked MerMaid!

I'd buy it in a NZ minute

3:57 PM  
Blogger Ruth.E said...

Is he a heeler? I love them myself and he just looks so sad in his box. I can imagine it blowing away and wondering where the poor boy was - must have caused heart failure.
Ruth

5:15 PM  
Blogger altar ego said...

Hiding in the laundry, indeed! Lots of familiar smells with which to cuddle and feel at home and safe. Smart dog, Louie! Glad to see his picture, even if I haven't a clue what prompted the posting! LOL.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Pam in Moncton said...

Oh poor Louie! He just wanted to make friends! What a story about him being blown away in the wind though! That must have given you all a scare. Not to mention the trauma Louie had! I'd hide in the laundry too - or come to think of it maybe not. I spend too much time with that as it is! Thanks Clare!
Pam

4:42 AM  
Blogger Kip said...

I can't stand to look at that poor pathetic dog in that cage!!!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home