Saturday, April 08, 2006

Cos I said I would ...

pics of the De La Salle Gala.
The best gala day I've been to in years - food to die for, fresh vegetables at rock bottom prices
and all our favourites like the raffles
& sausage sizzles.
If He Who Shall Not Be Named hadn't got the scholarship to Dilworth he would have gone to De La Salle and it was kind of comforting today to realise that he would have gone to a really great community. We met lots of friends there and I was pleasantly surprised how many people I know have connections to DLS.
(Note to self: never wear those jeans until I've lost the next 10kgs!!!)

Of course one of the highlights was to have Nana & Aunty time with Maia - it's hard to believe the battles this little princess has already been through.

We spent the rest of the day on a little "tiki tour" heading down to Pokeno, Mercer & Ramarama, and yes Tony, there is only one road in NZ!

The only thing to slightly, and it is only slightly, annoy me is excema. The past few months have not been good and finally I had to admit defeat and visit the chemist. Bless his heart, he gave me hydrocortisone, aqueous cream & Evening Primrose (nobody ever told me that was good for excema!). But then today I talked with Lynnie and she told me how by stopping colouring in her hair relieved hers. Mmm...makes me think. I only started colouring my hair last October - could it be the toxins from the dyes that are causing this latest outbreak? I hadn't dyed my hair for well over a year before that and I am starting to wonder if it's a build up. I would be really interested to hear if anyone else has had similar problems. Perhaps the Madcow is destined to a life of grey & dull!

4 Comments:

Blogger Patty said...

good morning! sounds like a nice journey for the day! i've had my share of driving through mountains and along the coast for a while! saw the quilt kit that you got, too! you're going to be hooked, i tell you! looks like a nice project!

hugs!

2:58 AM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

don't have any experience with hair die, sorry.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Ruth.E said...

maybe grey but never dull! sounds like you had a good time and the pictures of that little girl are just darling. i think i want another one, maybe not.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Kip said...

It is not your hair color dear one, it's the stress in your life and you've had plenty of it from work alone. Funny your comment about the jeans as I was thinking you looked very trim!! That place looked like so much fun and I'm glad you were out enjoying yourself.

Love you,
Moi

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home