Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Chicken & Leek Pie


Is there no end to this madness? Am I destined to channel Martha Stewart for the rest of my life?


Tonight the leftovers from the NY roast needed to be either cooked or disposed of. Strange enough that I thought I would cook them but to make matters worse Martha really took control and I "created"! Himself not only said the end result was very tasty but also gently suggested I may like to write myself a note on how exactly I did it. For the future you understand when Martha has left the building.


So one day when I ask just remind me to:

Chop up the leftover potatoes from the roast and saute with one large (and chopped) leek. Add the chopped up leftover chicken and stir in a jar of Chicken Tonight - Golden Honey Mustard sauce. Bung on a bit of pastry, stick it in the oven and take it out before it burns. Sigh. I am a goddess!
PS. Now E, take another look at the picture below. The orange thing with the seeds looks a lot like pumpkin because that's what it is. The white thing with the dirty purple skin is the kumera. I should have taken a photo of the kumera with the potatoes to compare it with - perhaps that would have made more sense but it's been a long time since I ever made sense so why change the habits of a lifetime?? xxxxx

1 Comments:

Blogger JulesinParadise said...

E says
1. who makes the honey mustard sauce
2. what temp and for how long
3. did you make the pastry yourself


and Jules says,
You are giving me a bad name, Martha! and yes, you are a goddess!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home