Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Hills Are Alive ...


He Who Shall Not Be Named says that I should hang my head in shame for buying this but for goodness sake .... it's the Sing-Along version!! I can just see where our office Christmas Party is heading. Dress as your favourite character and sing along - I have old curtains, we could do this! Just think, if I came as the Baroness (she was a baroness wasn't she?) I could wear my tiara.
I couldn't stop laughing when I found it at the music store. It didn't help that the 12 year old stick insect serving at the counter gave me one of those "oh my god, who let the nana's into the store?" looks. The fact that I also bought a Janis Joplin cd didn't seem to help at all. Doesn't it just make you want to give those snotty little chicks the finger and yell at them "Oh just go eat something bitch!"

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruth.E said...

She was twelve, or her undereating pattern had slowed her growth? You are such a scream, I would love to tell someone to 'go eat something bitch'!
Ruth

3:30 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

LOL Clare! What a fun find! And who cares what the stick thought. I would've have wanted to give her my phone numbere and say, "call me when you hit 30, or after you have your first kid, whichever comes first". She would have looked at you in a befuddled way but somewhere many years from now it would come back to her why you said that!
Anyway, what a perfect idea for a Xmas party and of course, you must be the baroness! What a hoot!
Maria

4:23 AM  
Blogger Kip said...

I LOVE it and would have bought it too!! Singing along is icing on the cake!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Patty said...

oooo, didn't know there was a sing-along viersion! i usually play this one when i'm here alone!

1:35 AM  
Blogger Pam in Moncton said...

Of course you have to sing along with that! Would make a great theme for a party too.
Pam

5:22 AM  
Blogger JulesinParadise said...

I often feel like pulling the Kathy Bates move from Fried Green Tomatoes and running into them, smiling and saying, "I'm older and I have better insurance!" but most of 'them' have not seen the movie nor, God forbid, read the book.

Go get 'em Lowanda!

1:05 PM  
Blogger altar ego said...

Heehee!! Only you would think of the fact that you had curtains, LOL. But I have to ask, does the sing along version have captions, is that what makes it sing-along? Never heard of such a thing, but I'm proud of you for indulging in the possibilities for the next office party. If you go as the baroness you won't be able to wear the curtains, of course, and don't forget to wear that big poofy thing just above the bosom! Can't wait to see pictures from this party!

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home