Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Yadda, yadda ...

Wednesday night and I've got "Bathe in the River"(by The Mt Raskil Preservation Society featuring Hollie Smith) stuck in my head. The radio station the girls have on in the office has been thrashing it and I'm not complaining. Just love that voice.
Kip & Cat - you must try & find it to play on your little do-dacky music thingies! It's written by Don McGlashan for the film "No 2". Ahhh... Don McGlashan. Blam Blam Blam, The Front Lawn and then The Muttonbirds ... love that man (although it's a little disconcerting that the girls at work consider him a new find and I've been listening to this man for over 26 years!)
Now that winter is officially here, it being the shortest day and all, the winter sport of knitting has taken over again. Considering I made something like 30 scarves last year it was a little disturbing to find that I didn't actually have one for myself - I seem to have a bad habit of giving them away to whoever admires them first. I've got a gorgeous pattern courtesy of Cat that I want to start but as a quick fix I whipped up this one with some fluffy stuff from the $2 Shop.
Then for something to do at lunchtime I've started this little cardigan with more $2 Shop yarn. Despite close inspection we can't decide whether its really wool or just "plastic" and the label is no help. Says "Made in China" and nothing else - not even what ply so I've decided to go for "Adventure Knitting" and throw caution to the wind, not letting little details like that or techie stuff like "tension" and needle size get in the way of a good time. I'm also ignoring comments that it's starting to look a little large for a one year old and explain to the doubters that it's for a one year old sumo wrestler. Ha! Have no idea what I'll do with it once it's finished so if you happen to know a one year old sumo wrestler, let me know!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth.E said...

Hahahaha - i dont know any one year old sumo wrestlers, but if I meet one I will let you know. I had no idea knitting was a winter sport - do you think it will make it to the Olympics?

7:59 PM  
Blogger JulesinParadise said...

Lovely things you make there dear...I know. I have this absolutely wonderous scraf!

4:30 AM  
Blogger Pam in Moncton said...

No one year old sumo wrestlers here either. I'm sure it will turn out lovely, or at least interesting.
Pam

4:44 AM  
Blogger Kip said...

You have MAH-velous hands my dear to knit the way you do!! Of course, I LOVE my scarf!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home