Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Big Biscuit Day!

Isn't it a hoot the way some some little family foible becomes part of our lexicon! My Auntie Ena gave me "har-karks" - lollies or candy to the rest of the world but if someone in our family says "I could do with a har-kark" we know exactly what they mean. I have called crocodiles "crocadogs" and pipe bands "bom-sticks" for probably all my life and now thanks to Kip I have "Big Biscuit Days"! Today was certainly one of those.

Yesterday was crappy - one of those days at work & home that could so easily NOT have been crappy if someone, somewhere had said those two magic words. "Thank you". Mmmm...not to be.

Today though I couldn't sulk about it. When I arrived at work this morning, there tucked behind my computer nearly out of sight were these little gems. My darling Esitamaki is leaving us soon to live in Wellington and today she left me these gifts on my desk from her last trip to Tonga - I think part of her leaving process, making sure that we have little reminders of her. (As if we could ever forget her!) This sweetie darling understands my passion for handbags so well and I just adore this one with the matching wallet. Perfection. And earings! Bliss.

So there I am purring (or should that me moo-ing being a Madcow?) and little Sonya delivers these over the counter. Before she left for her trip to Canada we had talked about how much I wished I was going with her so I could visit Pam, and about our "perfectly normal girl passion" for the chocolate of the world. Ta-Da! Maple Chocolates!

Could it get any better? Aaah yes. Geeta's Butter Chicken freshly made this morning for me to take home for my dinner. I'd love to show you a better shot but somehow it disappeared out of the pot. Don't know where. All I can say is that He Who Shall Not Be Named was last seen searching my address book for Geeta's address so that he could move in there. Nothing like a bit of cupboard love is there!

A Big Biscuit Day - makes the crappy ones that much more worthwhile doesn't it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Wow! That was a big biscuit day! We all need one of those every once in awhile to show that the world is worth living in. Enjoy your goodies.
Maria

3:54 AM  
Blogger Ruth.E said...

On ya Clare, love the bags too. Cant see the second photo but I can here the purring from here. Here is to big biccie days, may there be a lot more of them!

3:54 AM  
Blogger JulesinParadise said...

MOrning darling MerMaid TTBH...as soon as I get over this infection, you Anne and I are long overdue for a MerMaids' happy hour. I miss you both so.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Cindy Marchant said...

Your Big Bisquit Day couldn't have come at a better time! That bag and wallet are awesome! Enjoy!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home