Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Today we visit Tonga

Thanks to Esitamaki!

Good Morning... Malo etau toe ma'u e pongpongi ni

Good Afternoon... Malo etau toe ma'u he hoata ni

Good night...Po'uli a

How are you? ... Fefe hake

My name is .... Ko ...................hoku hingoa.

Are you alright... Oku ke sai pe?

Have a great day...Ofa keke ma'u ha 'aho lelei.


I have to say too that the total in the swear box has increased to $16 today - does that tell you what our day was like?

PS. Kia Ora ra Jo. Kia Ora mo te tutaki i ahau.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo in NZ said...

Tena koe madcow. I don't actually korero in te reo to well, so I don't have a clue what you said!!
I live in Manurewa too, and I love seeing all your piccies of the local sights.
Pomarie e hoa.

4:34 AM  
Blogger altar ego said...

What's Tonga for "no fair!"? LOL I'm trying to decipher your PS, and without any success whatsoever. Cheat sheets go for how much? PS, way to go on the swear challenge, LOL!!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Kip said...

If I were there, that swear box would be doubled for sure!!!

1:26 PM  
Blogger katie said...

Okay, it's the 24th and I'm tired of Tonga already.
Hope things are okay your way and that the "swear"box isn't getting too full!!!!!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home