Saturday, April 29, 2006

Southside Sunday - Happy Birthday Russell!!



When we went to pick up the Madcow Mother this morning she was still in her dressing gown - the gall of the woman! The Madcow of course never lounges around all day in HER jamies! While we waited we thought we may as well cross the road and go to the Sunday Market - one of our favourite places. It's always crowded & always has the best veges in town. I must go back when I have more time and get more shots (especially for Russell!) but today here is a little taste.

Today I got a big bag of mandarins, a bag of fresh onions & five avacados for the huge sum of $5. Can't beat that! We were very restrained and didn't dawdle over the clothing stalls or the bone carvings but just enjoyed all the music and savoured the smell of all the food cooking. I am sorry though that I didn't stop at the flower man and buy some of those gorgeous lillies, irises & stocks ... next weekend.

Instead we took the Madcow Mother to have a look at Selwyn Oaks, a nearby resthome. Just in case. Nothing like facing the enemy head on and I did manage to get a "Well if I had to ... it is very nice" out of her afterwards. Something for her to think about, there's no hurry, but I'm just glad she now knows that it doesn't have to be (as Dame Edna would say) a "High Security Home for the Terminally Bewildered". Instead it is a warm, welcoming place with staff who seem more interested in sharing a laugh than patronising, and after seeing the dinner menu I may just shift in there myself.

As a reward for being a good girl we went for coffee at the local hardware store (sounds silly but it works - hardware, garden centre & a very good cafe!). Not bad really for a couple of hours on a Sunday morning!

Now though, to find He Who Shall Not Be Named, who went to a party on Friday night and hasn't been heard of since, and to chant some mantra's about how I love my job and can't wait to get back to work tomorrow. Yeah, right.

PS. The Madcow Mother is wearing one her new jackets from our trip to Pokeno - I love her in that colour!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home