Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Rain


Walked up to the shops this morning & took my camera thinking I'd get some shots of "my town" while I did some errands for mum. Well these two are all I got before the heavens opened and down came the rain. No pleasant little autumn shower either. Torrential rain - drain covers in the middle of the footpath "popped" and spewed like geysers, the gutters on the verandahs flowed like waterfalls & as I waded through the puddles I had to wonder where all the good karma had disappeared to. Afterall, there am I being the dutiful daughter & what do I get - wet to the bone. And what do I get from her as I turn up at her door like a drowned rat? "Seeing as you're wet already could you check the letterbox & don't sit on the couch until you put a towel down." She's a charmer!!
Still, with this view out the window & SKY giving the perpetual "rain fade" message, it was a good excuse to stay in for the afternoon & scrap. I've been playing with the BG Blitzen papers & experimenting with my stamps & embossing powders. Mostly just making a mess but still preferable to actually using the kitchen to cook in!

Tomorrow will be a better day, tomorrow will be a better day ... hopefully a ladies day out down to Pokeno to take mum shopping ... if the road hasn't washed out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora from another Auckland blogger. You are lucky been wet through and still been able to even sit on the couch !!! If it was our place you would be made to stand on the lino only !!!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Kip said...

Okay, now where did those blitzen LO's go????

2:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home