Monday, January 01, 2007

A Kumera by any other name ....




I had a bright idea last night when I was getting the veges ready for the roast - I seem to remember the cookbook I sent to E and Jules having recipes that used kumera so here for identification purposes is a kumera (and a bit of pumpkin!). Don't know what the equivalent would be. A sweet potato? Maybe not - I've always thought sweet potatoes were just another name for yams .... Anyway, this is the best kind of kumera with the purple skin but there is also a golden one. Himself doesn't mind the golden one but many people say they taste "muddy". Who knows? Not me - I'm not that keen on either variety although I have been known to be partial to kumera wedges with sour cream.


And here too is proof of the roast dinner and look, none of them look even slightly sick or poisoned! I had to post both shots - why is it you can never get three people to all smile at the same time?? Anyway, perhaps if Russell pops in for a visit he can see that mum & dad are doing fine! (Happy New Year Russ, Stephen & Charlotte!)

2 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

My goodness Princess...are you trying to overwhelm the readership by Blogging daily!!!LOL!!!!
Love the dinner pictures, as yes everyone seems well!!
Thanks also for the veggie explanation...I now am educated on the NZ veggies!!LOL
Love the tour of your gardens....beautiful!!!
xoxox

9:19 AM  
Blogger JulesinParadise said...

e says that looks more like a pumpkin than a sweet potato...he is obsessing on the seeds. he says send him some of the seeds and he shall grow his own!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home