Sunday, March 11, 2007

Another weekend

The Madcow Mother (Les) came for the afternoon and we had our first "Ladies Card School". These are her first efforts
for St Patricks Day this week. They scanned a little wonky but you get the idea. I quite like her quirky little Kiwi St Patricks card that she made for my brother - the combination of shamrocks & Maori design fish hooks is just a little Irish don't you think!
This one is a friendship card - she got the idea from a book that Eva sent and I think she has done rather well.
She's taken some extra supplies back home with her and Eva's book. Hopefully the OT at the resthome will get the none too subtle hint that "this" is what she would like to be doing in the Craft Sessions rather than knitting peggy squares for no good reason! Next weekend I've promised we will start some Easter cards so I'd better dig out some ideas.
Must be a card kind of weekend - I got a lovely note from Kumi and along with some photos of our dinner the other night, was this gorgeous little bookmark she had made me. Isn't it beautiful!

6 Comments:

Blogger Pam in Moncton said...

Lovely cards, Les! And what a cute card from your friend as well. Is that all done origami-style?
Pam

5:46 AM  
Blogger katie said...

Great job on the cards and love the little bookmark.
The activity people at the care centers just get in a rut and seem to do the easiest thing that they can get away with.
I love your shamrock paper, never seen any like it.
well, it is 0900 here and I have to get up at 1730 to start my 12 hour shifts tonight--hope I can do it. Gonna be rough, with our silly "time change" and all here.
Hope your week goes wonderful there.
katie

9:07 AM  
Blogger Doug Bagley said...

Very nice. Y'all do good work

6:29 PM  
Blogger JulesinParadise said...

Tell your mom she is doing great with her cards! Have been missing you and our early a.m./late p.m. chats too muchly!

4:05 AM  
Blogger Ruth.E said...

Your mum did a great job. I love the fish hooks, it makes it so much more personal. Hope she gets to do it where she is so the crafting is more useful.
Ruth

4:27 PM  
Blogger Cindy Marchant said...

Cute, cute cards Clare!!! I agree about the shamrock paper!!! It's adorable and I have never seen it either. TFS!!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home