Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Perfect Gift

Chris took this photo when he was up north (near Ahipara I think?) and when he left work on Friday gave me a framed copy. Robyn got a different shot also framed and we just adore them. A couple of Madcow friends doing what we enjoy the most ... a quiet walk on the beach putting the world to rights! I'll wait to hear from Jools as to where exactly to hang it. Goodness knows I had better not get that wrong! But thank you Chris - not only for the perfect gift (for someone who didn't even know about the Madcow thing, your instinct is pretty dammed good), but also for the inspiration of the past few months. I'm really proud to be able to say "I knew him when he was just a law student". I have no doubt what so ever .... Judge M is a given!

And introducing my new friend Kumi!

Is this not the cutest little thing you've seen! I refuse to put up the photo of the four of us "girls" until I've had at least one more gin (thanks Chris again!). HOW can this gorgeous girl be 46??? She looks such a baby!

Kumi has been a much welcomed visitor - an exchange teacher from Japan at Leonie's school and it was just a delight to meet her the other evening. I do so hope she will come back and visit with us again soon.

OK, so I've had another gin ... here we are. The Madcow may not be as glamorous as the other three but the four of us do share in the love of a good time. Cheers!


3 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Love, love, love the cows on the beach. Perfect for you and you are right it deserves a place of honor. And exchange TEACHER????
Oh man, how I wish I knew about that kind of stuff when I was single. Although I doubt ANYONE would want to exchange and come to my school. I think that would be some sort of reason to break a treaty of some sort. She is cute and looks like an exchange student. I'm sure she has had a wonderful time there in NZ.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Kip said...

I love the cows...love them. Want to see them. Love the friends pic and think you're glamorous as hell. So there.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cow picture is perfect, I love it!!!

Hugs!!!!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home