Monday, April 02, 2007

Payday


OK, so another bit of nostalgia. Last payday splurge at the music store was George Benson & Al Jarreau "givin' it up".

In the late seventies, early eighties, (can't remember when) I went with Wayne & Sharon to see George Benson play at Athletic Park. I remember it being a fantastic concert, very hot, and I think the three of us ended up very drunk. (Those were the days when you could still drink & smoke at concerts openly).

Nearly thirty years later good old George is still going strong. Athletic Park has long gone as a concert venue. No idea about Sharon but Wayne is coming for a visit from Brunei this week & coming to stay inbetween business commitments. He has converted to Islam and I suspect he has worn as well as George over the years. As for the Madcow, well all I can say is I'm "well worn" now but shit, I've survived!


4 Comments:

Blogger JulesinParadise said...

I love Al J. and I miss our talks....love ya, Jules aka MerMaid Esmerelda

4:03 PM  
Blogger Ruth.E said...

And surviving counts! I know, I am still struggling to do that. Keep smiling
Ruth

4:24 PM  
Blogger Cindy Marchant said...

Enjoy the new tunes Clare. I love AJ too!!!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Kip said...

Two of my favorites too!!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home