Saturday, February 18, 2006

Some new links ...

A year ago, when I came home from work, I would log into my two mailboxes and perhaps check out a couple of favourite websites. It would take as long as it takes to down a glass of chardy and was just that nice little 'kick your shoes off' moment in my day.

Now it's a days work! Email, message boards, websites and favourite blogs ... oooh look! The bottle is empty before you know it!

Yes, I'm addicted. Addicted to the everyday minutiae of friends and strangers lives. Addicted to the websites that scream at me "Buy, Buy, Before You Die!" I look forward to seeing new layouts, reading the highs and lows, drooling over the new recipes ... ok. I admit it. I have no life.

And if you are reading this, sipping on your own glass of chardonnay (or beverage of your choice), just take that smug look off your face. You're hooked too! You're here aren't you! Just suck it up, think of it as our own personal "reality tv", admit you like it and have a look at some of the new links to your right.

First, "Dooce" recommended by Kip and now one of my "fixes". A must read on what not to publish on your blog along with an absolutely quirky sense of humour.

"The Desk of Doug" because I like it. Somehow I think he is the kind of guy that you would be quite happy to find yourself sitting next to on a long train trip or sharing a table with at a restaurant. In another life "Doug" could possibly have starred on BBC's "Grumpy Old Men" - highly recommended for those "AHA" moments.

"Grandmother's Garden" recommended by Wendy for all the patchwork/quilting enthusiasts and the "wannabe's" amongst us.

"not martha" appealed mainly because of the name. "Martha" has just started showing here and oh deary me, what a strange woman! "not martha" is far more fun and even includes fun DIY projects and doesn't appear to have ever gone to prison or been a right royal pain in the arse to all her employees.

The last for this month is "Food in a Minute". Given that it uses a lot of NZ brands it may not be quite as handy to all of you "foreigners" as it is for me. Still, it's my blog so in it goes!

Let me know what you think and remember, I'm an addict. New site addresses always welcome!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth.E said...

Addicted, no I dont thing so, keeping my smugness thank you. I find the more sites I have to visit the less I have been able to keep up. Oh Clare, I get it, I have a life! Yippee. You gotta love me.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home